Care Day 2017 was great! – the second year at Northshore Jr High, great service providers, so many volunteers and guests, so much needed help for our neighbors. As one guest stated: "I've received more help in the last 2 hours than in the past 9 months of searching!" We couldn't agree with her more!
Here are statistical tidbits of the day:
- 436+ guests
- 68 local service organizations
- 110 volunteers, from local churches and community groups
- primarily (66%) from Bothell, Kirkland, Woodinville, and Kenmore (Northshore)
- 20% were families with children in Northshore and Lake Washington schools
- 57% age 26-50, 30% age 51+
- 32% of guests (61) were homeless; half were from Northshore
- 31% were seeking work8% were disabled
- 76% were new to Care Day
Items provided included groceries, bike helmets, haircuts, shoes, family portraits, books, housing assistance, legal assistance, job searches, and a wide range of medical and family and youth services from 68 local service providers.