Register for these Volunteer opportunities
Set-up Day: Thursday, June 28th
9:30 am meet at Woodinville Community Church (Load truck with food bank supplies and other donated items - done by 11:00am)
10 am meet at Northshore Middle School (Set up tables, chairs, signs, etc.)
5 pm Done!
Care Day: Friday, June 29th
- 8:30 am Volunteers arrive and check-in at the Volunteer Lounge*
- 10 am – 3 pm Doors Open for Guests
- 3:30 pm Clean up Begins
- 5 pm Done!
Event Day Information
Location: Northshore Middle School
12101 NE 160th St, Bothell, WA 98011
(East of the NE 160th Exit from I-405)
- Woodmoor Elementary School (East side of Northshore JH)
12225 NE 160th St, Bothell, WA 98011
- Neighborhoods around Northshore Middle School
(see the map at the bottom of the page)
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT park at Northshore MS, as parking is limited and reserved for our guests. Woodmoor Elementary is adjacent to Northshore MS and connected by a footbridge. Other options include car-pooling or street parking in the neighborhoods around Northshore MS.
Your team leader will provide training and information about your role, either before Care Day or at the event before Doors Open for Guests. You will receive all the training you need to be a successful volunteer!
*Below schedule is for the majority of volunteers (Guest Guides/Donation Distribution). If you do not have a start time of 9am on the schedule, please see your Care Day lead for your schedule and start time.
8:30 Volunteer check-in at the Library (follow the signs). Sign-in, receive a Volunteer t-shirt (or bring your T-shirt from last year), find your team. Parking is challenging – please do arrive early to get parked and checked in; Volunteers start promptly at 9am and we want you ready to go!
9:00 Volunteer Orientation in library (follow the signs).
10:00 Doors Open for Guests
11:00 Lunch begins
3:00 Event Ends
3:30 Clean Up Begins
What to Bring/Wear:
- Limit the personal belongings as much as possible. A safe place will be available for you to store your purses/valuables during the event.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You will be walking a lot. If you have your Care Day T-shirt from last year, bring it again!
Food, Drinks & Breaks:
- Water and light snacks (granola bars) will provided for volunteers and providers.
- Breaks should be taken as needed throughout the day, please coordinate with your team lead.
- Lunch – all volunteers are invited to dine at lunch with our guests and service providers in the dining area. The menu is chicken tacos and salads; if you have any special dietary needs, you may want to bring your own food/snack along with you.
Your Role as a Volunteer:
- Volunteers are integral to the success of this event. Your primary job is to help provide a warm, welcoming and hospitable environment for guests and to help them access the services they need. Due to the nature of this event, your flexibility is needed as we may need to shift volunteers around to a variety of roles during the day. You will get all the training you need when you arrive on Care Day.